How Zippy Shell Makes Staging Easy for Realtors
Realtors have a plethora of responsibilities when it comes to helping clients prepare their homes for listing. Proper staging of a home can make the difference between a quick sale and a home sitting on the market. However, the first step in staging is to declutter. Decluttering is simply removing unnecessary belongings that take up extra space, whether they be photos or furniture. But what happens to the homeowner’s belongings between the staging process and the purchase of their new home?
Setting the Stage
There are a few tried and true staging techniques that lead to quicker, higher-priced home sales.
- Remove the clutter – A potential home buyer has to be able to visualize their property in the home. A home with plenty of floor space and room to move allows the buyer to see how their furniture may fit in the space. If a home is too cluttered, the space will feel smaller, and the potential buyer may not be able to visualize how the room would accommodate them.
- Define the rooms – By defining the use of each room and even areas within rooms, you help the buyer see each area as a useable space.
- Showcase flooring – Beautiful flooring should be showcased by creating as much open floor space as possible. This also creates flow within the space.
- Depersonalize – Family photos, collections, and other personalized items make a house feel like home. The problem is that you want potential buyers to be able to see it as their home. Removing personal items frees up the buyer to visualize the home as theirs.
Helping a home shine in its best light is the goal of every realtor. Doing so without creating disruption and hardship for the homeowner is the goal of the best realtors.
Helping a homeowner understand the importance of decluttering and depersonalizing is one thing, but multiple scenarios could result in having to move heavy items more than once. As a realtor, how can you help buyers and sellers overcome the multi-move concern?
The obvious situation that could result in having to move personal property multiple times is staging. Temporarily moving property to create a better staging environment and ultimately a more efficient sale means moving what could be bulky, heavy objects more than once. This could create resistance to the staging process by the homeowners, especially when they know it will all have to be moved again.
Time Between Closings
In a perfect world, the sale of one home coincides flawlessly with the purchase of another. However, that is not always the case. Without a plan to prevent multiple moves due to a time gap between selling and purchasing, a homeowner may be reluctant to sign an otherwise ideal contract. While a gap in closings is often out of the hands of the homeowner or the realtor, how to handle the gap is within reach.
Temporary Move Solutions
When personal belongings need to be moved temporarily or permanently, there is a solution to prevent lugging property from one place to another and back again. By considering the options available, realtors can overcome homeowner reluctance to staging, and homeowners can prevent multiple moves.
Mobile Storage Delivered
Steps for securing and loading a typical moving truck:
- Reserve the truck
- Drive to a location to pick up the truck
- Fill out paperwork
- Drive it back to the house
- Load up
And that’s just to get the property on the truck. However, there is a better way.
With Zippy Shell mobile storage, the steps look like this:
- Reserve the mobile unit
- The unit arrives at the home on time
- Load up. Professional loading and unloading services are also available.
Traditional moving trucks may or may not fit where you need them to when you do finally get them to the home. Zippy Shell mobile storage units fit anywhere, including city streets, and allow you plenty of time to load. With 15ft of loading space, barn-style doors, and ground-level design, ease of use is never an issue.
Once your truck has been loaded, there are a few options:
- Traditional route – With a traditional delivery truck, you can drive the truck to whatever temporary location you have secured, whether that be a friend’s garage or a storage facility. Then there’s the unloading of the truck and the frantic race back to the truck rental facility before late fees are incurred. Then you get to do it all over again for the final move.
- Zippy Shell Mobile Storage – With Zippy Shell mobile storage, a Zippy Shell representative will pick up your loaded mobile storage unit from your house and deliver it securely to your local Zippy Shell temperate-controlled storage facility. The safety and security of your property is never in question as your items are held in a locked container during the entire process so that everything comes out exactly as it was put in. You can easily access your items with an appointment, and Zippy Shell will be standing by to deliver your mobile storage unit to your next destination whenever you are ready.
Realtors and homeowners alike have a lot on their plate when preparing a home to show at its very best. Worrying about where to store a homeowner’s prized possessions shouldn’t be one of them. Mobile storage combines the ease of decluttering for home staging with the peace of mind of knowing the property is safe and secure. There isn’t a next move with mobile storage, just an easy completion of the current one whenever you are ready.
Additionally, if downsizing is the next move, Zippy Shell also has secure, temperature-controlled long-term storage options as well.
Keeping It Simple
At Zippy Shell, we like to keep things simple. We deliver a storage container to you, and your stuff gets loaded. All you’ll need is 2-3 days, and then we’ll pick up your shell and store it safely. Need something from your shell or to have it delivered to your new place? Give us a call, and we will deliver your stuff back to you. It’s as easy as that.
Whether for staging a home or the final move, we’re here to take the worry out of moving. Zippy Shell of Las Vegas can help with moves to and from Las Vegas, nationwide. Give us a call at 702-418-3321 or complete our online form for your free quote today.